Friday, March 7, 2014

Where did I leave my keys...

Well.  I re-subscribed to Eve, on two accounts!  Being out of the loop for two expansions really does leave me with a lot to learn.  But life is better, if fundamentally different from nine months ago when I started winding down my time in Eve.  Luckily I have landed back pretty much where I was.  Both my old corps still have me on the roster, so I can take some time to figure out next steps. 

This will be a slow process for a variety of reasons. 

First is life.  If you look back a few posts, you'll see that last summer and fall were pretty rough due to a death in the family and the end of the carefree life of being a student.  I am fully employed, no longer a student.  The family is recovering as best families can.  I am now an expecting father, as exciting as that is!  So much to do to prepare for the Grimmlet.  I am branching back out into tactile hobbies since I have space and money. 

Second is Eve.  A lot has changed.  Not in big ways, but in so many little ways that it is taking time to both get my affairs back in order and piece together what I want to next.  My industrial character in fairly secure.  My combat pilot is still in FW land.  That is a trickier needle to thread.  I don't have the time I used to for roams and the peekaboo nature of fleets, so I need to think about both what to do with the character, and what to do with all the stuff I have all over Black Rise.

Third is other games.  While I stepped away from Eve, I picked up a variety of other games.  Modded Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress, World of Tanks, Shadowrun Returns, XCOM, and a host of others.  I think there may be a series of posts coming from that time spent with other pixels.  Sorry, Eve, it's not you, it's me.

Fourth is income streams!  I was learning a lot right before I left, and I need to pick up those pieces.  It is looking to be an interesting summer, and I hope to share it with you all again!

Fly safe, or at least fly fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment